The O’Connell House
A safe home where victims of sex trafficking become survivors.
A Place Where Dignity Is Restored and Healing Can Occur
The O’Connell House is a 13-room residence which provides comprehensive services to women who have been sex trafficked. These women may be pregnant and/or have a small child. It is a place where dignity will be restored and healing can occur.
The unique 24/7 “Sister Care Model” delivers trauma-informed care which supports their complex needs with compassion, while being the loving nurturing presence the women so desperately need.
- Human trafficking affects 50 million people worldwide!
- Profits generated by human trafficking exceed $150 billion a year.
- 72% of the women and girls being sex trafficked are of an average age of 11-13 years old.
- Trafficked women and girls can be violated 15 to 24 times per day and are forced to meet a quota or face more severe beatings.
- Traffickers prey on people of all ages, backgrounds, and nationalities, exploiting them for their own profit.
- Short-term, 30-day shelters, and shelters with inadequate resources have a 7x higher recidivism rate.
- The US ranks as one of the worst countries in the world for human trafficking, with an estimated 300,000+ incidents occurring annually.
Our Mission Depends On Your Support!
Partners & Sponsors
COLLEGIA Catholic Boston Funding Corp. is a registered nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
The O'Connell House is a program within COLLEGIA dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable women and children who have been trafficked.